Welcome to Tennant Across the Pond

Thanks for coming by--and welcome to Tennant Across the Pond, my online journal which will serve to update friends and family about my upcoming trips to Formby, U.K.

I will be in Formby twice in the next six months, serving with Formby Baptist Church. The dates for the trip are:

March 5-22 and May 16-July 12.

For updates, info, and reflections, read on.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Using His Strength to Do His Work

Thanks for your continued prayers and support. As some of you know, I was slightly under the weather this weekend--I ended up skipping the men's breakfast to sleep in so I could be up to snuff for the Gala on Saturday night and preaching Sunday morning.

God was good, and Sunday morning I woke up feeling great. That was an additional blessing to the success we saw during the Gala on Sunday night. It was the largest crowd to ever come out for the Gala, and the Gospel was presented clearly and God was glorified by what we accomplished with His power.

This Sunday's sermon was probably my most favorite message I've given--I was so excited to preach it on Sunday morning, and a handful of people came to me and told me that the Spirit really used it. It was probably the most evangelistic sermon I've ever preached: I verbally and explicit called for those present to repent and turn to the Lord if they had not already.

Sunday led into a busy couple of days. Here's a brief recap:

Monday: We put on a Gospel-centered assembly at a Church of England primary school two towns away from Formby. After singing and doing skits and giving a talk (all to share the Gospel), 5th year students gave us a tour of the school. Ethan and Andrew (my tour guides) spent a lot of their time explaining the playground outside than they did the school building--so we know what's important to them! Then we came back, and the three returning interns had a meeting with Janice, a deacon's wife and ministry powerhouse, to plan the internship. Then it was off to the Senior's Tea and Chat, where the team led a devotional on mentoring, and then we ended the day at John and Nancy's house for dinner.

Tuesday: Free day in the Lake District, which I am convinced is God's country. It's the most beautiful place I've ever been. We spent the day there, did some hiking, and ended the day with some Fish and Chips.

Wednesday: Breakfast with the men of team and some of the youth, then a team meeting to set up for King's Kids tomorrow. Tonight I will be leading the all-church Bible study.

As you can imagine, it has been a busy few days, but we have seen God move through significant conversations. With the Gala over with, and with no sermon to prepare, I've had a lot more time for good conversations and times of encouraging folks. It's been a blast--there is nothing better than seeing God work in a person's life.

Thanks for your prayers. For the next couple days, please pray for endurance, because I want to finish strong. Prayers for strength would be helpful, too, because on Tuesday morning, it's back to the classroom grind.

Time flies when you're having fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment