Welcome to Tennant Across the Pond

Thanks for coming by--and welcome to Tennant Across the Pond, my online journal which will serve to update friends and family about my upcoming trips to Formby, U.K.

I will be in Formby twice in the next six months, serving with Formby Baptist Church. The dates for the trip are:

March 5-22 and May 16-July 12.

For updates, info, and reflections, read on.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Some Exciting News

Just a few weeks ago, I went before friends and family to seek support for Crossing the Pond.

In letters and in a verbal presentation at First United Methodist Church, I called upon the family of God to send me to a people they have never met so that I could serve them.

And so far, that call has been answered clearly.

To date, people have given nearly $1,250 dollars for the trip--I need to raise a total of $2,000.

This number just blows me out of the water.

God is good--and He has worked through His people to show me (and by extension, Formby Baptist Church) His goodness.

So, allow this to be the first of a great many thank-you's to all of you who have so graciously given of your resources to make this trip possible. I quite literally couldn't do this without you.

Further, thank you for so willingly participating in the mission of God--to go as He went, and to send as He sent. Thank you for living the call with me.

"I thank my God in all my remembrance of you,
always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy,
because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now."
--Philippians 1:3-5




1 comment:

  1. first of all, love that you have a blog. love love love it. now i feel like we've connected on another level, being blogging buddies and all. and second of all, i'm so thrilled to hear about the funds coming it. that's our God. Yep, that's our King. woop.

    ReplyDelete