Welcome to Tennant Across the Pond

Thanks for coming by--and welcome to Tennant Across the Pond, my online journal which will serve to update friends and family about my upcoming trips to Formby, U.K.

I will be in Formby twice in the next six months, serving with Formby Baptist Church. The dates for the trip are:

March 5-22 and May 16-July 12.

For updates, info, and reflections, read on.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Promise I'll Do My Best to Keep

Being in England for eight weeks has been a blast and introduced me to a number of really great cultural and social quirks that we just don't have in the States.

Like what, you say?

Well, butter is used on nearly every sandwich, and many sandwiches are called 'butty's.' Most people eat by mixing their food all together: every bite becomes a flavor combo of everything on the plate. You can walk into any grocery store and pick up ready-made meals that you can eat on the go. England does not use High Fructose Corn Syrup in any of its products.

So, the most obvious thing for me to do was to tell all of you this until you can't take it anymore. It was, in fact, my plan until I ran across this piece of art from an artist called Alex Noriega. Though some of his posts can be, well, off-color, they are always funny. His blog, Stuff No One Told Me, is where I got this piece of art. I promise I will heed the advice given to me.

Or will do, as best I can.




0 comments:

Post a Comment