Welcome to Tennant Across the Pond

Thanks for coming by--and welcome to Tennant Across the Pond, my online journal which will serve to update friends and family about my upcoming trips to Formby, U.K.

I will be in Formby twice in the next six months, serving with Formby Baptist Church. The dates for the trip are:

March 5-22 and May 16-July 12.

For updates, info, and reflections, read on.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Meet the Team


After yet another long hiatus from blogging, I'm back, and this is the first of a long stream of posts that are sure to come over the next eight weeks.

I leave this Sunday (!) from Chicago O'Hare international airport. I can hardly believe it's here. It's hard to believe that it's been eight weeks since I was last in Formby, but it has sure been a sprint to get here. I just finished a paper and took a final exam this afternoon; today has been full of good-bye's and then it's off to the UK.

This summer, I will have the great honor of working with two good friends, Josiah and Lauren. Josiah is a graduating senior, studying Biblical Exposition in the Pastoral Studies department. He and I will be splitting preaching and teaching, along with co-leading every other activity with Lauren. Lauren is a senior Women's Ministry major. She will be leading a number of women's Bible studies, as well as doing pretty much everything else with Josiah and I.

I couldn't have asked for a better team to work with--I love these two and I am humbled to serve alongside such talented and gifted people. We laugh a lot together, and our gifts really complement one another's, so I am greatly looking forward to how God is going to use us in tandem to serve Formby.

Here are a few prayer requests:
---Safe travels. They are predicting that another ash cloud from the volcano in Iceland may cover Britain this weekend; if that's the case, we may be delayed from leaving on Monday.

---The first week of ministry. We're each moving from a hectic week of final exams and papers and moving out of our dorms--Josiah walks on Saturday, too. We're going to be tired from a long semester, but we'll need to dive right in. Pray that we have some time to close this chapter and begin the new one well before the ministry really takes off.

If all goes well, the next time I write, I will be across the pond. Thanks for your prayers and your support!

1 comment:

  1. Kyle,
    Ash and I will be looking forward to reading updates! You'll be in our prayers. We hope to see some pictures of England.

    ReplyDelete