Welcome to Tennant Across the Pond

Thanks for coming by--and welcome to Tennant Across the Pond, my online journal which will serve to update friends and family about my upcoming trips to Formby, U.K.

I will be in Formby twice in the next six months, serving with Formby Baptist Church. The dates for the trip are:

March 5-22 and May 16-July 12.

For updates, info, and reflections, read on.

Friday, April 2, 2010

Preaching the Word

This expresses well a difficulty I will face during my two weeks in England. I'll be preaching a total of six times, as well as teaching a number of Bible studies and other lessons, and this, surely, is something that must be ever before me.

"I believe the great task of any Christian–from early believer to seasoned theologian or pastor–is to take the unique language of Scripture and theology and make it accessible to those who have not been exposed to any of it without losing the essence of what God is communicating in His Word."

"Every part of Scripture is God-breathed and useful one way or another—showing us truth, exposing our rebellion, correcting our mistakes, training us to live God's way. Through the Word we are put together and shaped up for the tasks God has for us."
--2 Timothy 3:16 (MSG)

0 comments:

Post a Comment